Milledgeville City Hall

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Fire Safety

E-mail Print PDF

The Milledgeville Fire Department has a fire safety house that is used to teach fire safety to children and adults. The safety house is equipped with a heated door, fireplace, smoke alarms, and simulated smoke throughout safety house to show real effects of a house of smoke to teach children to crawl to safety. We also conduct station tours and fire extinguisher classes upon request.

Fire Safety begins at home. Every family should know the basics of how to prevent fires at home and what to do in case there is a fire. Often called the silent killer, carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burns fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide. Install smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in your home on every level and in every sleeping area.

  • Test your smoke alarms once a month.
  • Replace the batteries once a year.

For more information contact This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it at (478) 414-4030